Get cover for your baggage, flight cancellation, personal accident and more.
Schedule of Benefits
|Territorial Limits||South Africa|
|SECTION 1: PERSONAL ACCIDENT
No cover while participating in Hazardous Activities/Adventure Sports/Manual Labour
|Death and Permanent Disability||R 250 000|
|SECTION 2: JOURNEY CANCELLATION AND INTERRUPTION|
|2.1. Cancellation (specific reasons as per T&Cs)||R 10 000|
|2.2. Postponement of your journey||R 10 000|
|2.3. Travel delay (delayed for 4 hours or more)||R 5 000|
|SECTION 3: INCONVENIENCE COVER|
|3.1. Theft or Damage to Baggage||R 10 000|
|Accidental Loss of Baggage and Personal Items||R 5 000|
|Single item limit on baggage and personal Items||R 5 000|
|Single item limit on accidental loss of baggage and personal Items||R 1 250|
|Single item limit for contact lenses, prescription spectacles, sunglasses||R 500|
|Single item limit for personal computers and similar electronic equipment||R 5 000|
|Single item limit for cellular phones||R 5 000|
|3.2. Baggage Delay (delayed for 4 hours or more)||R 1 000|
|SECTION 4: EXCESS WAIVER||Included|
|ACCUMULATION LIMIT||R 250 000|
- There is no cover under the Personal Accident benefit while participating in an adventure activity.
- Pregnancy, childbirth and any pregnancy related conditions are excluded after the 25th week of pregnancy.
- Loss of or damage to baggage and personal items due to an airline carrier, rail or coach operator must be reported to them before you leave the terminal or airport.
- Loss of or damage to personal items due to theft or vandalism must be reported to a local police station within 24 hours of the incident.
- Accidental loss of personal items will only be covered if proof of the incident (e.g. affidavit) is provided and proof of ownership or purchase is provided.
- There are single item limits for baggage and personal items, please take note of these in your Schedule of Benefits and ensure that any valuable items are insured on an All Risk policy.
What You Are Covered For
Personal Accident Cover
This benefit pays out a cash benefit for death or permanent disablement due to an accident.
Cancellation and Journey Interruption
- Cancellation of your insured journey before it starts covers irrecoverable pre-paid expenses if you cannot travel at all due to Injury, illness, death (pre-existing medical conditions are excluded).
- Postponement of your journey covers irrecoverable pre-paid expenses if you cannot travel due to Injury, illness, death (pre-existing medical conditions are excluded).
- Travel delay provides cover for essential expenses when your scheduled departure is delayed due to strike, bad weather or mechanical breakdown.
Cover for the theft of, loss or damage to your personal belongings. We also pay for essential items if your baggage is delayed.
Europ Assistance South Africa is our claims assistance partner and manages claims on our behalf. It you need to submit a claim contact Europ Assistance on +21 11 991 8419 or e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org. A claim form will be sent to you, which must be completed and submitted back to this email address along with all supporting documents. A claim must be submitted to us within 60 days of your loss.
*Refer to the Policy Terms & Conditions for additional information or contact Hepstar at 086 144 4548.
Once purchased you will receive an email with links to:
- Travel Insurance Certificate
- Policy Terms and Conditions